Another interesting article I read recently is about the Creative Leader by Howard G. Haas. Some of the brilliance in his areticle are:
– There are 3 type of people in business: Value Destroyers, Value Creators and the workers.
– Value Destroyer look at short term, consequently destroy assets and events.
– Value creators are those who set foundations for improved productivity that creates wealth, new possibilities and vitality.
– The workers are those who do the work and require little vision.
A creative leader requires:
- Technical Competency in at least one aspect of the business
- People Competency: communication and listening to spoken words as well as the unspoken feeling.
- Conceptual Skills
- Participants observer: Creating vision that creates value. This is golden!
- Learning Skill: Ready, fire, aim, fire again”. The entire life of a leader is a learing experience.